You can copy documents in supported format (mostly MOBI) to your Kindle following these quick steps:
1. Connect your Kindle via USB cable to your computer. After drivers are installed (if this is your first time), you can see a Kindle device in the windows explorer as a drive.
2. On your computer, copy or Ctrl-C the MOBI files you wish to copy. Or download from a website. Formats: (PDF/TXT/MOBI/PRC/AZW)
3. Navigate to the “documents” folder on your Kindle device.
4. Paste your files in supported format there.
5. Safely eject the device.
6. Find a cozy place and read.
If you wish, you can test this method using my full length eBook SETH AND CHLOE as an example MOBI file.