You can download ePub files from the internet and load them onto your nook.
1. First plug in your USB cable to the nook and your computer. This wire should come with your nook.
2. You'll see windows recognize the device.
3. Locate your ebook folder.
4. Find the "My Documents" folder on your nook
5. Copy OR drag and drop the ebook into the My Documents folder. Repeat as many as you would like.
6. Unplug nook from computer.
7. On the nook do a Search For New Content.
8. The new files should show up in the My Documents folder and available to read.
If you wish, you can try and load my FREE full length novel SETH AND CHLOE as an example file.